Want to become a DJ?
| || |
Share your love for music! Become a volunteer LIVE DJ for HotTrax Radio!
HotTrax Radio is looking for quality DJ’s to become apart of our air staff. Do you have a wide knowledge of music, an outgoing personality, a personal style with fresh sound keyed to the audience? Then HotTrax Radio WANTS YOU to join our team and experience a rewarding pass time. We appreciate your interest in us.
To become a DJ for HotTrax Radio, you must meet all of the following criteria
- High speed internet connection (DSL, Cable, T-1 or higher)
- Windows Operating System 2000, XP or 2003 – (Mac users will not be accepted at this time due to software requirements)
- Minimum requirement of 512 MB of Ram or higher - preferably 1 GB
- Pentium 3 1.4 Ghz or faster
- MP3 storage space (approx. 45 gigs)
- Studio Quality Microphone (recommended)
- 1000 or more songs in mp3 format at a minimum of 128k , without copy protection
- The ability to maintain your library using tools such as file tagging programs and mp3gain
- The ability to create a playlist in html format as required by station management (We currently use playlists generated from Winamp)
Internet DJ Criteria
- Ability to speak English clearly
- Must have an aggressive and creative outgoing personality
- Must be able to multi-task yet keep your composure and interact with listeners
- Agree to the HotTrax Radio Terms and Conditions
- Understand your time here is on a volunteer basis
- Availability to commit to a specific shift - 3 hour slots preferred, minimum of 2 hours required
- Submit a press kit for audition
Apply for a DJ Position
To apply for a DJ position, please submit an email with the following information listed below
- An audition audio clip in mp3 format. This should consist of a 15-20 minute "mock show". If you cannot submit a clip, make note of this in your submission, and we will schedule an "air-check" where the following will be evaluated:
Sound quality and vocal talent (primary)
DJ skills (broadest scope of talent, introduce a song set)
Promotion ability (advertise website and features)
On-air reading ability (i.e.. read a band bio)
- A Press Kit with the following items:
A 2-3 paragraph biography
Describe the type of show and ideas for promotion that you may have for it.
List 3 choices of a preferred schedule. Visit Schedule pages for availabilities
A photograph of yourself (camera headshot for best quality exposure)
Email your submission to
with "DJ Application" and your name in the subject line.
Once your submission has been reviewed, you will be contacted by one of our HotTrax Radio staff with a response. All submissions will be replied to. Your submission materials will not be returned.
HotTrax Radio is an Equal Opportunity station. However, submission of audition materials does not guarantee a position.